NADZIR & RAHIMA

Tuesday, February 10, 2009
USA Trip Day 1


31.01.09
I was stranded about 3.5 hrs at the Newark Airport Immigration a.k.a. US Border & Protection. I was not the only 'lucky' person, there was one pilot, two flight attendents and 2 other passengers who goes thru the same process.
You see, most passengers who got stuck at the immigration was referred to the secondary counter for further screening. Mine however, not only secondary, but the level above the secondary screened thru my background. They took 3.5 hrs to do the background check on me. Another malaysian guy was more 'lucky' than me, he got off after 4 hrs waiting. Being so fed up, he asked the officer in charge what's the problem!!! They said that his name & his birthdate have matched with someone they look for. At the end of the day the officer appologized for the mistake. Oh, one more thing, that guy happened to be sister's friend. What a small world...
Considering the things that I went thru, i really felt that this is the first & the last time i'll ever been to the US. Let's see if the days after this will change my mind. Still looking forward for my trip to New York tho'...despite what had happened.

Labels: ,

posted by NADZIR & RAHIMA @ 12:48 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
OUR LIFE, FAMILY & FRIENDS
About Me

Name: NADZIR & RAHIMA
Home: Malaysia
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
YOUR TITLE HERE

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Links

BLOGGER